Digital library software?

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 25 22:19:17 CEST 2010

Op 25-9-2010 22:05, Peter Korsten schreef:
> Hi guys,
>
> This has been vexing me for some time now, and the stakeholders (all
> volunteer work, mind, but volunteer does not mean without things like
> responsibility) are getting a bit impatient. So I take to the last
> resort, the oracle that knows the answer to all questions: the Music Bar.
>
> What I need is software that can keep summaries of article in
> publications (like magazines). There's also another requirement for
> software that maintains a collection of photos with tags. This may or
> may not be done with the same software.
>
> Now I've found Invenio, but like most things from CERN it's massive,
> like swatting a fly with a hammer, and will probably create a
> singularity if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Also,
> installation works fine, until the moment it needs to create a demo
> site, at which point it fails.
>
> The basic non-functional requirement is that it runs on LAMP - Centos,
> to be more precise.
>
> Would anybody know of such software?

I don't even understand half of what you're asking here -
although I LOL-ed at the singularity remark - so no help from me,
I'm affraid.

I'll take the opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful weekend,
without too much work (unfortunately I'm in the middle of a big
job myself, so no time off until somewhere next weekend).

Cheerio, mates,

Gert