Time for some changes

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 23 16:32:20 CEST 2010

On 22/09/10 21:11, Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> On 22/09/10 19:52, James R. Coplin wrote:
>>> [...]  I left an executive position in technology to go back to school,
>>> retrain, and learn Chinese in my mid-thirties so that I could teach.
>> Freakin' awesome :)
>
> it is freaking awesome indeed!  also just this week i was talking to someone
> about enrolling here in vienna at the TU for a few things .. surprisingly
> enough its easy and cheap!  would have to organize a few other things,
> lifestyle-wise, though .. wonder what it would be like to be a student again!
> :)

I think each of us develops the skill which most easily gets us moving. Often
this appears to be "because of natural talent" etc etc, whereas I've met very
few people who have less than at least three different natural talents, even
though only one (if that!) is actually developed. So, if you could start from
scratch, then, what has the world to offer?

I used to think of learning a new programming language as something new. LOL.
Onwards! Take a sharp left at the border of the safety zone, and just follow the
chicken wire ;)

Clear from contributions so far, is the very practical matter of getting on with
it, and also that this is only satifying if it's truly a cultural change in
direction, and also a genuine challenge.

Plus, also, doing a lot. Doing mostly an amount of work that almost nobody will
ever know about.

Tony (HB)