Jam Mai 2010 | Romain and Gert

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 11 12:34:49 CEST 2010

Peter,
the interface and flash was made directly from photoshop ...
Me too, I wished I could see Kowloon Walled City, but as you mentioned there
are plenty of others grey buildings , I really do prefer hong kong in the
night than during the day for those reasons.
The lights in the dark  are just  gorgeous !!! ( the major reason why i went
there, shame i couldn t rent an helicopter and take more pictures :P )
I discovered the biggest tallest building of hong kong  in Central  was use
to record the end of the first Batman movie ...   :)

During my journey there,I was visiting a friend in the area of Sai Kong (
North-Est in the new territories,30min by taxi from Hong kong itself)
so I don t really know where could be the best place to stay ...
I quite liked to be outside hong-kong to be sincere ( avoiding the pollution
and the mass of people  for instance) ,...
I had another friend who visit us and he was in a cheap hotel ( in  Tsim Sha
Tsui) in a very very little room ( which could be the size of  your toilets)
and he was paying something like 10 euro a night ... but if you go in  the
area of 'Central' I  guess the price and comfort can go very high quite fast
:)

>From my friend( designer,musician, animator)  point of view  who lives there
since more than 7 years, hong kong had changed quite much during
the years for things like prices for food , computers stuff prices
,houses-apartments rent prices, business situations...  etc...
Anyhow  today you still  can find some cheap converse shoes  in Monkok tho.
Also he explained me  the mentality of the  people in general had
change...  all hong kong people used to talk English very well but now days
it s not so easy they answer you in Chinese ( it happened to me many times
in the streets)  ...

Between  words,it seems China politics is coming and changing everything
radically (check what happend in Tibet) ...
My friend think when hong kong will be completely Chinese politically ,the
foreigner will be kind of slaves ( not equal)  cause Chinese people
and foreigners don t have the same rights ! ...

Anyhow I was very pleased to be there to see what s going on ( people, arts,
music, civilisation,without mentionning  the massages :P ... etc) ...
but to be sincere it s really not the place I will like to live ... This
journey  makes me realized one more time by contrast  how Europe is
beautiful and has a lot of qualities  ...
 I hope it will stay like that for while  cause when I check  the opposite
of the world those qualities can be our weakness ...

Now I m curious about Japan ... :)

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> Op 9-9-2010 15:14, Romain / rXg schreef:
>
> > Also if you are curious about my Hong kong and new territories
> > trip,there is also now pictures on line (Flash needed ):
> > http://www.fractales12.com/HK/
>
> Your Flash detection leaves somewhat to be desired, but those photos are
> cool (the interface not so much, though).
>
> In a sense, it's a pity that Kowloon Walled City was pulled down, but it
> looks like there's plenty of less-than-super-shiny Hong Kong left to go
> around.
>
> But on the other hand, the images of the skyscrapers at night with the
> company logos, the skytrackers and the lasers looks like it could
> straight out of Blade Runner.
>
> Suppose, purely speculative of course (although that food looked yummy,
> and they have Hoegaarden), that my wife and I were to go there, what
> would be the best place to stay, in your opinion?
>
> - Peter

Romain