Jam Mai 2010 | Romain and Gert

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 9 16:23:18 CEST 2010

On 09/09/10 14:14, Romain / rXg wrote:
> Instruments : Hammond (Gert), Kaossilator, Logic synth: Sculpture, esx24
> and Ultrabeat at the end of the track...
>
> So this is the jam :
> http://www.fractales12.com/title/Romainn&Gert_Jam_05_2010.mp3
> <http://www.fractales12.com/title/Romainn&Gert_Jam_05_2010.mp3>

I'm enjoying the jam... it reminds me how Gert has a completely original voice
on the synth - which is quite unusual - very few synth players can be uniquely
identified from their phrasing. This time I started noticing some similarity
with Terry Riley, but quickly also, it was unmistakebly Gert. It's agreat shame
there isn't more of his synth playing - that particular phrasing style, and
also, that the fair amount that exists is in the style of space music - which I
enjoy - but classical musicians, for example, would never spend much time with.

A solo Gert album with just Hammond would be cool (*just* Hammond - no drums).

Tony (HB)