Would somebody like my A3k?

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 16 09:58:51 CEST 2010

Hey bar,

Been a while, as usual!  :-D

I'm having a clearout of all kinds of things I haven't used for a while,
and one of those things is my Yamaha A3000 sampler.

I used to love it to pieces and I still feel pretty sentimental about it
when I think about passing it on.  However, sentimentality is not a good
enough reason for hanging on to it, especially since I am trying to be
totally unsentimental in this clearout in order to liberate myself from
the vice-like grip (and associated stresses) of as many of my
possessions as possible!  :-D

If you can make good use of it, it's yours, for free.  I would be very,
very happy for someone on here to have it.

Best use I can think of it these days is in a gigging situation, if you
want your own custom (and cool) sounds, but without a laptop.  But I'm
not doing that, and I'm not using it in the studio any more, so it's
yours if you want it.

I won't do this "first come first served" but will allow a few days
before deciding who I'll give it to.

Conditons:

* You can't sell it.  In future, if you decide to get rid of it, you
must also give it away for free.

* You pay the postage from the UK.

* This model has the 230 volt PSU, so probably not suitable for
non-Europeans unless you have a voltage converter.

* It's currently in a box and has not been switched on for over a year.
  I will do my best to make sure it's still working before I send it.

Other info:

It's a version 2, with 64MB ram and a 4GB SCSI hard drive.  I'll chuck
in a Diamond Fireport 40 PCI SCSI card (works under WinXP and I'm
assuming later Windows if you know which MS-included driver to use) and
SCSI cables too.  I may even have a SCSI CD drive somewhere, if you want
that too?  And finally, I still have the manuals and original Yamaha
sample CD to go with it.

Feel free to tell me why you want it!  :-)

Happy bidding (or something  like that),

Dave