The Clash

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 10 22:05:48 CEST 2010

I really hate the Clash.  Most punks really hate the clash..  For a few
brief months they got it right and were part of the purity of punk, but even
by  early 1977 they had started to wonder off on a tangent - acting like
rock stars, wearing designer co-ordinated uniforms, signing to CBS, fucking
off to live in LA, waving guns around at the Notting Hill Carnival..

A few times I have tried to "appreciate" the Clash, after all, there were
there from day 1, but I just cannot appreciate them from any level.  The
wonderful thing about punk was that everyone was equal: male/female,
black/white, rich/poor, so it really should not matter that Joe Strummer was
a privately educated rich boy, but this is all I hear when I listen to
them..  With every other punk band from this era, whether I like them or
not,  I can hear their innocence and purity; not so when I hear the Clash..

Not the best lyric ever written but:
"They said that we were trash.  Well the name is Crass not Clash"

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"