New Virii

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 9 13:22:45 CEST 2010

These new variants are TERRIBLE!
My son has managed to pick up a virus, one of those downloader/updater
ones I suspect, and within a very short period he now has at least 5
strains of replicating virii (win32.nimnul, Win32/Ramnit.B are two of
the many) which have infected over 20,000 files on the computer.
Needless to say, his computer is dead, Jim, even I lay my hands down on
this infection and none of my attempts to clean it have been successful.
Almost every installed program is infected, as well as html files and
numerous system files.
The only solution is: Kapersky Linux based boot CD, wipe all infected on
all drives, backup music, film and docs, format, reinstall.

I'd advise you all to be wary, as I haven't seen as nasty, destructive
and fast spreading virii as this in about a decade. I have absolutely NO
idea where he picked any of this up either! Agggh. The only suspicion I
have is the TVshack.net site he used recently was shut down by the Feds,
then reappeared. I wouldn't put it past the feds to sling out some
nasties to all those evil viewers to disable their computers as 'a lesson'.

http://www.techeye.net/internet/feds-shut-down-ten-streaming-movie-sites

Thankfully, he didn't pick up any of these ;)

http://www.bsd.org/new.virii.html