front for a synth

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 6 15:34:05 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

for a few years now I have had that Sound lab mini synth kit laying around. The board is all set up, but I need to put it in a case and connect the front controls.

I have finally gone to work on it again in the last few days and have failed trying to make a faceplate out of plexi-glas -- drilling large holes for the pots into it destroyed the whole thing, unfortunately.

Now I am wondering what the right material would be. I have a very stylish red metal tool box that fits the synth, I have a front panel layout that looks nice and works with all distances.

I remember Jay offering to print stuff on aluminum, is that still possible?

Or would you suggest I try wood? at least that can certainly be drilled...;)

any advice appreciated...!

Kai