Bats and detectors

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 5 02:21:02 CEST 2010

On 04.10.2010, at 03:44, Tony Scharf wrote:

> Thats awsome!
>
> Recordings?

At first I was struggling. There were single bats, passing by, leaving a few squeaks on my recorder. But then I thought of the downtown square in front of the cathedral. It was perfect. About 3-5 small bats (pipistrellae?) were hunting for insects close to the moon-like lamps and near the buildings.

The scanner works amazingly well, has quite a bit of noise, but a really good output level on the headphone out.

Here is my first recording:

http://soundcloud.com/kainiggemann/batcalls-muenster-domplatz-05-10-10

All comments welcome..!

Kai