Castor, Radioactivity, Green Energy, Kraftwerk

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 9 19:25:32 CET 2010

Le 9 nov. 2010 à 19:03, K9 Kai Niggemann a écrit :

> yes, considering that nuclear waste is a deadly pollution that will remain with us until near the end of times, it's worth looking into the scale of harm of the side effects of other forms of energy generation, though.

I may add that there's a current tendency to forget the costs and time it takes to dismantle a nuclear power plant… In France all the nuclear lobby is trading this for naught and then rant about the windmills being ugly (!!!!)

On a side note, I had a little bit about the color windmills should be to minimize the impact on insects hence bats and birds, the real environmental issue of windmills. I found back the BBC article and for the actual state of researches (there's only the first scientific articles on the subject) they should be purple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_9067000/9067721.stm
http://www.earthscan.co.uk/blog/post/Wind-turbine-colour-insects-bats-and-birds.aspx

Denis H]
No LOPPSI!