Schnapps and Chilli sauce ..

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 1 10:41:23 CET 2010

> Man, what a satisfying way to end the gardening season.. anyone else
> doing something like that these days?

I'm making 2 gallons of grape wine from 20 pounds of grapes my single vine kindly produced this year. I know it won't taste great as it will be English wine!  But if you go half and half with lemonade it can be fairly drinkable - hic! It's a pleasant rosé pink colour.

Also doing the fermenting thing at the moment is 3 gallons of plum wine from my two plum trees. I only used a fraction of their high output.

Also on the cards for later is Sloe Gin when the sloes are nice and plump in my local park.  It's gonna be a boozy Winter for me - as usual ;)

Currently I'm eating my own roasted pumpkins seeds which is an attempt to try and reduce the waste of pumpkin that Halloween gives us. But at least I grew the pumpkins myself. I've also been out foraging for Sweet Chestnuts which are delicious after roasting or boiling.

Cheers

Chris