LAME woes

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 25 10:56:29 CEST 2010

Hi All,

   I installed iTunes-LAME on my MBP and it's not working properly:

http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-itunes-lame/downloads/list

The script itself works, its nicely integrated with iTunes 9.
I also can run the encoder within the shell (Terminal).

In both cases the generated MP3 is faulty.
It's shorter and very noisy ... as if white noise was superimposed.

I know the sound when data bytes were shuffled so I used the -x option but this didn't change anything.

Funnily enough it was intermittend first - the proposed default setting is -h -b 160 (-h is the same as -q 2).
So I set it to -b 320 and it worked.
Then I started to experiment with the quality setting (-q) and regardless to what value I set it, it starts going mad.
Meanwhile its not intermitted anymore ... even the plain -b 320 setting doesn't work - also within the shell (commandline).

I deleted the .plist file (prefs) and started over - to no avail.

Any clue what's going on?

thanks,  Michael.

--
nonconform? noiseconform: http://blauwurf.at