New Track - Freaking Me

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 24 21:13:39 CEST 2010

Hey Chris

"There is a lot of high frequency energy that makes it sound splashy and
fatigues my ears and that’s with the HF roll off my old ears have!"

Yes, I can hear what you are saying now :(  I will be spending a few more
hours on this track and will pay attention to the highs!

"Do you monitor your mixes with a spectrum display?"

No, but it sounds like I need to!!

Btw, feckin ace news!  I just worked out how I can easily plug my PC
speakers into my DAW.  I have spent years getting tracks sounding good (to
my shite ears) on my £1k monitors only for the track to then sound shite
where it matters; on my PC speakers and in my HiFi.  I think for my next
exercise, I will start a track on my PC speakers, getting all the key
elements in place before even allowing my studio monitors to be turned on.
Wouldn't it be ironic if my £30 Logitech speakers turn out to be the missing
ingredient in my mixing ability!!!

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"