Piccies of 10 string Kantele

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 18 19:44:40 CEST 2010

The Dong wrote:
> http://www.sphinx.f2s.com/Kantele_10_String/05.JPG

I know what's under that block of wood!

You gotta make it stereo, and then listen on headphones. Put the other pickup
maybe six inches away from the first, or experiment a bit (I know, it sounds
different if it's not glued down).

It *will* blow your mind.

Beautiful demo recording (I assume overdub or panning left / right):

http://www.sphinx.f2s.com/mp3/Kantele01-Guiseppi-Travels.mp3

With that many spatially-significant (ie, HF) harmonics, and the complex
reflections throughout the body of the instrument, you need to hear the
psycho-acoustic interference of the two physically distinct channels, because it
actually amplifies the dimensionality of the instrument. This is not saying
there's *anything* wrong with having just the one pickup. Just saying, two, is
much more than two :)

'Tis very cool when an instrument like this sounds as beautiful as it looks (as
it already does).

Tony (HB)