New Track: Gunna Mess Leah Up

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 17 11:56:23 CEST 2010

Hey, Paul,

Op 16-5-2010 22:07, punkdISCO schreef:
> Hey all
>
> Last night I decided to mess around with a few of my more instant synths
> (303/777/MnM/PEK) plus used a short vocal sample of Leah from a track
> she wrote but, as yet, unfinished.
>
> So, here is the result of last night’s efforts plus a little polishing
> tonight.
>
> http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Music/GunnaMessLeahUp.mp3
>
> I might go back and tart it up, although, maybe I wont.. Buy its
> definitely nice to actually finish a track in a night!

A new PD track - cool!

OK, got some remarks here.

I didn't like the track at first, although there were some cool
sounds and fx. So I listened a couple of times, and the track
started growing on me. But it still hurt my ear drums...

I found out that I just didn't like the mastering. But it is a
very difficult track to mix and master, I guess.

So I started playing around a bit with some plugins, and I made
the whole thing sound a lot more glued together and fatter. This
does make a difference. Of course working from an mp3 is not the
best way of doing that, but the result is that I do like the
track much better now :-)

I'll send you my mp3 version, so you can see what you think.

Cheers, mate, thanks for sharing. :-)