british elections

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 6 20:30:51 CEST 2010

Op 6-5-2010 19:14, The Dong schreef:

> Some believe politics and religion created civilisation, others, that it
> has stifled it backwards since before 4000 BC. Now excuse me while I
> worship all over these last Liberal Democrat campaign leaflets, ancient
> Egypt style :)

If there's no longer a need, things die. People need religion to feel
happier (see, your life may be shit now, but once you die, you'll be
terribly happy forever); politics came around because it has to do with
power. Arguably, now even a comeliness-challenged Scotsman can become
prime minister, without requiring to be Lord Something Or Other.

If people are happy enough in life, religion will die. If people manage
to behave on their own, politics will die.

I'd say that agriculture created civilisation.

- Peter