NI Maschine Classic Emulation

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Mar 21 15:31:52 CET 2010

punkdISCO schreef:
> Woooh!!  So, I got a Maschine last night.

Nice! Have fun with it!

  Installation was sloooow and did
> not get a sound of it until this morning.
>
> Very early impressions are:
>
> 1) the interface feels just very 'right'
> 2) you can absolutely forget that it is running on a computer. I know this
> might sound like marketing crap but, it looks and feels completely self
> contained..
> 3) so far it does have that slightly too shiny NI sound; everything you play
> sounds very polished. This is always my concern with this sort of gear:
> Instantly impressive = very quickly boring.  However, I knew it would sound
> like this and my intension will be to NOT make it sound polished. Hopefully
> this will be achievable but time will tell..

It's very simple to make shiny sounds go gnarly, but the other
way around is impossible. So just use distortion, overdrive, tube
sims, compression, etc, and you're there :-)

> PS: I am running the 1.5 beta

Wish I had the time to do more music stuff...

OTOH, I'm constantly recording, mastering and chopping French
voice-overs atm, and that's "almost" the same as making music ;-)
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n