Hartmann Neuron

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 9 09:43:29 CET 2010

I've got the Neuron VS bought from Joost actually!

It comes with the Nuke usb controller/dongle but all the sound
generation runs on your PC and its sound card. So really, apart from the
reduce control area it's the same as the hardware version. I like it but
I'm still yet to make my own models.

I'd forget the fancy PC in a box illusion.  It's only because you
recognised the familiar PC hardware.  If you didn't see a known
motherboard, you'd think it was special.

It's is ALL about the interface, not what's under the hood.

Let's face it, analogue synths have very simple synthesis engines but
brilliant user interfaces.  There are many "better" synth engines out
there but crippled by tiny LCD and multimode buttons (mostly digital
synths DX7, D50 etc but also analogue JX-10 etc).  They were so bad that
the manufacturers come out with programmers with sliders for them.

However, to be honest, there are two types of synth customer:  The
Preset Guy, and the The Programmer Guy.  Which one are you?

Today, with 10,000 presets on tap, programming these days is selecting
the correct variant of Synth Strings (number 392?).

Cheers

Chris