Messy Sh**

Sjaak de Vos EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 6 12:38:34 CET 2010

punkdISCO wrote:
>> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=805498
>>

> Nice work..  The bass sounds quite loud - is that deliberate?

I think it's a  bit a subconscious thing..
I bought 2 new chinese bassguitars  a few months ago.

So that's new and get's the attention.
That's the subconscious part..

But I changed many levels this morning, also panning positions and added
some fx's.
And I knew this wouldn't be a final session - A week ago I thought I
would never get anywhere with the drum part but that wasn't so.

I think before this morning it was a unmixed and not good, after this
morning it's really getting somewhere.

As Micke pointed out the drums are quite low (especially in the
midsection I think), probably I did that a bit to low this morning
because I knew and thought the drumming wasn't the best thing going on.
I think I tend to keep things on the save side in those cases.., the
volume goes an extra point down..

And I really like the bass at certain places - so loud is allowed...
I think I tend to let things go bezerk a bit every now and then - haha

So this morning I changed everything when I come to think of it, all
parts had volume and panning adaptions except the basspart.

I feel like hitting so I might have another go at the SPD 20 and beat
the crap out of it - in a very concentrated and civilzed manner of course.
And then the serious mixing starts again - provided I get some better
drum-parts.
But w'll see.

Good thing overhere is I dig the things I do now much more then my older
stuff - and I find that mixing can make a night a day difference,
especially panning positions and volumelevels.

I do that in Cubase in the Controller lanes - that works very good for
me, years ago I had some thoughts about a hardware digital mixer - no more.

>> On the bright side there are defo some nice parts in it....
>>

> Yep, there are lots of nice parts..  In particular, I like the part that
> starts at 0:00 and ends at 3:35.
>
> :)
>
> Good stuff..

Thank you  :-)