RPM 2010 deadline approaches!

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 1 23:34:15 CET 2010

Op 1-3-2010 22:19, Andrew Tarpinian schreef:

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 3:09 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> Not bad indeed. Do I hear a CS-80 in there, or is it the layering of
>> the
>> sounds?
>
> yea, I wish. Actually I did wish when I was making this that I had
> one :) - Synths are NI FM8 for the high and Massive for the low

Well, yes, OK, I figured that one out myself. :) What I mean is, there
is a sound that reminds me of Vangelis' signature sound, the 'CS-80
horn'. A friend of mine managed to create a very convincing patch on,
wait for it, a Kawai K1. And anyway, there's a soft version of it, so I
thought, maybe you have it.

But I'm not so sure you'd want to have one. A mutual friend of mine and
the one with the K1 has a CS-50 (basically, half a CS-80) and it sounds
brilliant - provided the sound doesn't go all off after the room
temperature rises by like 1 degree. More cables inside the thing than
inside a 747 as well, so no way to fix it.

- Peter