Any way to...

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 1 23:25:33 CET 2010

Op 1-3-2010 23:04, The Dong schreef:

> I just wanted something that reads caller ID, queries the number with
> that website, receives the 0-100 rating and automatically answers with a
> dumb F'Off message or simply hangs up and logs the number and time if
> it's a F'er number, or doesn't do nuffin' if it's ok so one can answer
> the phone normally. The query itself should complete even before the
> phone rings for the first time because the caller ID pre-dates the ring.

Ah, this is the one I meant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSER

The usual open source in-fighting.

Still, you'd need something to decode the signal from your analogue
phone line, unless you're already on VoIP. In that case, OpenSER with or
without Asterisk - you'd have to figure that one out yourself - might do
what you need.

> I would like to run it on an old 1.1Ghz celery laptop with a modem.
> (broken screen and other extraneousness parts already removed. It
> doesn't use very much power at all now, about as much as an ADSL router
> at idle)
> Or the eeepc with a modem board installed (these are £3 on ebay inc)
> Or even an old router thingy with custom firmware might be possible.

As long as it can read the phone signal. I'd be interested to hear what
you find out about it.

Or perhaps you could find a cheap Fritzbox somewhere, it's a DSL
router/VoIP gateway/wifi thingy all in one.

- Peter