Rant: Why fixing printers is shit

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 1 12:46:46 CET 2010

<generalisation>
The problem is people want cheap goods.  The people get cheap goods.
</generalisation>

To make something using screws costs much more than something that just
clips together.

The printer will be clipped together using tabs and tab holders.  You
won't know where they are from the outside.

Just start prying the edges with a small screwdriver.  Where the panel
flexes the least, there will be a tab there.  Try to lever the tab out
of its holder.

What happens when I do stuff like this is that I break most of the tabs
by my lack of finesse. But you can then just glue the panels back again.

Good luck.

Chris

P.S.  Welcome back Dave ;)