D9

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL_HIDDEN
Sun Mar 7 00:25:47 CET 2010

On Feb 15, 2010, at 7:35 AM, ibi sum wrote:

> I didn't like D9, and I didn't like Moon.  Both were boring movies
> whose plot was obvious within the first 10 minutes .. eye candy aside,
> these movies get a big fat MEH from me, yo.

I really liked moon just because of that obviousness : ) I felt it was
just kinda grown up : l It didn't try to play games and drag things
out and keep you trying to figure things out the whole time, though
there were certainly things to contemplate and guess at : / I thought
it almost transcended out of the sci-fi genre, where it did not use
the scifi elements to make the whole movie, it just accepted those
things as facts and gave us a intimate character study with great
visuals and sound, but at the same time was very scifi : ) Similar to
how in Japan anime is not considered cartoons just for kids, it's
treated as just another medium to tell a story :D I think the best
scifi stories are sometimes ones that do not try to beat you over the
head "THIS IS SCIFI GOD DAMN IT!!"  : o  : D