Live HW controllers

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 30 00:40:01 CEST 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Romain / rXg wrote:

> I never tried the ipad till now , but i think there is or will be  a way to configure the sensitivity for the % of the values ... but I get  your point of view  in what you said ...
>
> Otherwise I have the SL novation MKI and  if you have more than 8 faders you have to go from page A to page B then move  the fader to make it active which means you change the value of the controller which is suck, I know the mkII is touched sensitive  but I think the problem can be the same cause it will be a range of values with nothing till you reach the right value of the DAW controller selected to active the change-value wanted ( cause not motorized)   ...
> One example :
>
> | First 8 tracks (setting pageA):         | Second 8 tracks (setting pageB):
>
> | F1A: value X                                   | F1B: value X
> | F2A: value X                                   | F2B: value X
> | F3A: value X                                   | F3B: value X
> | F4A: value X                                   | F4B: value X
> | F5A: value X                                   | F5B: value X
> | F6A: value X                                   | F6B: value X
> | F7A: value X                                   | F7B: value X
> | F8A: value 100%                            | F8B: value 50%( but 90% is wanted)
>
> Lets say you want to go from 50 % to 90% in page B but you are in Page A: so you must  go from PageA to page B => then you must touch it (if you didn t touch any fader before the change in PageA cause the MKII got only one screen) you see his value on the display : 50% ok ! but your fader is on the top which is 100% so you have to go down to reach the 50% and then go up again to reach 90%( I hope it works this way, dropping from 50% to 100% (by touching it) then going down 10% to get 90% will be insane I guess.
> The same for all faders thus the feeling is actually to stay focused on the screen of the MkII and It s not practical to reach a value to finally be able to change it , but it s only what I think ...
>
> I hope my example is not too confusing ... :S
> All in all I could be wrong I never tried Automap 3 ...

Yea I get it, I guess i'll have to use it to see how annoying it is. Are you using this in Live? It also has a value scaling mode where when you move it fader it creates a smooth curve till they match up again, maybe that is better? Not sure if you can do that in other programs.

> for the price I like the Behringer BCF2000 (motorized faders) and the BCR2000.

yea of course, but it seemed a bit to big and bulky for my space