Summer jam the Hague

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 28 19:36:40 CEST 2010

Op 28-6-2010 16:24, Mikael Hansson schreef:

> I've looked at http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/ and it seems to be quite easy.
> Only a bit short of time in some of the changes. How do you buy
> bus/train tickets in NL if you're in a hurry? At the train or only at
> the station?

It's been said before: you can only buy tickets at the railway station.
If you go into a train without a ticket, it will be very expensive.

The chip card that Gert mentions is still in its infancy, and
theoretically would be good on all kinds of public transport, but
practically it's still a bugger. So just buy a paper ticket.

There are special, very futuristic buses going from Eindhoven Airport to
the railway station. There used to be ticket boots at the side of the
station where you arrive, but I think they shut them down. Anyway,
buying a ticket from a booth is more expensive, so go and look for one
of those yellow and blue ticket machines. You can use both Visa and
Mastercard (and Maestro, for that matter). Possibly, you'll find such
machines at the airport, but I wouldn't count on it because there's no
train nearby.

You can even practice buying a ticket: :)

http://webdemo.ns.nl/webdemo.e2000/

Buy a single, to 'Den Haag Centraal', 2nd class, full fare, valid today,
1 ticket (presumably). Your train departs from platform 1, which is up
the very first stairs you encounter, on your left.

In The Hague (which is the terminus, so you can't miss it) ask Joost
what is best. It's within walking distance, but a bit of a maze if you
don't know where you're headed. You could take a tram as well, they stop
practically in front of his flat.

- Peter