video lights

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 28 17:31:41 CEST 2010

Hi Kai,

For cheap and cheerful, I hear good things about the halogen floods
used by construction workers. Use gels to get the color tint right.
Heat will be a problem though, but I think you'll have to battle with
that anyway. At least you can place them at some distance as they are
powerful enough to light up a complete room. Of course, there's always
post processing available to get the light temperature right after the
filming (within reason, of course).

I've yet to see any LED or "power saving" lamp where I like the color
enough to use them in video, but you might find something good enough
in the higher budget range.

Martin