More presonus grief.

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 26 09:54:26 CEST 2010

> The bit I forgot to mention, which is what makes me anxious, is that
> they now charge a $100 'bench fee' if you are out of warranty.  They
> already took my credit card info and charged me for it, but no RA
> number has come through yet.   I was lead to believe I'd get one as
> soon as the payment was processed...
> So that takes care of them loosing their profit on this.

Well that blows, but it pretty much guarantees you'll get a working
Presonus audio interface for the next year, and a new warranty too ..

> Also, if
> they are at all competent in their accounting, they build some level
> of their ongoing support costs into each unit.  They know *some*
> percentage of units will break in warranty and they will have to pay
> the costs.

The Musical-Instrument sellers, people with brick and mortar shops,
massacre manufacturers on the profits.  Its really a fact,
unfortunately, that the margins in this industry are razor-thin.

> I am anxious because my credit card was charged, and I didnt even get
> a payment receipt from them (checked spam folders and the like).

It'll be in the box, when you get your gear back ..
;
--
Jay Vaughan