Dental Corporations of the World!

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 25 18:19:28 CEST 2010

Part of one of my fillings cracked out again, a small 2mm cube sized
bit, so instead of rushing to the dentist, I researched what things are
used to fill cavities and made my own Zinc Oxide Eugenol cement, about
£3 cost for enough material to last a few lifetimes. Seems fine so far,
but obviously I would get it filled properly again when I can be bothered.

Eugenol is basically clove oil, so you buy a bunch of pure Zinc Oxide
powder (one of the cheapest chemicals available) for £2 and a jar of
good clove oil, put a few drops of the (olive) oil out and mix in the
powder till almost as thick as it can go and shunt it in the clean hole.
As both Zinc Oxide and Clove oil will destroy bacteria, it's not very
highbrow science. This very mix has been used in dentistry for a long
time as a cement or temporary dressing.

In my research, I also uncovered enough material to decide to NOT use
tooth paste at all for a while, to test, and just brush and rinse very
gently with water and a tiny amount of bicarbonate of soda instead. It
kills germs too, you know ;)

As well as a slight change in diet.

This page makes me laugh:

http://www.drug3k.com/forum/Dental/Are-you-supposed-to-use-toothpaste-if-you-have-an-electric-toothbrush-19758.htm

(Look out for Patrick near the bottom. The only right answer!)

Not because of the question, but because of all the brain dead answers
regurgitating bits of adverts and government advice.
It reads just like the Idiocracy response to drinking water "like that
from the toilet" instead of Brawndo, "which our bodies crave" ;)

What about all the remote peoples who don't have dentists, or doctors,
or processed foods? They don't brush with toothpaste or get fillings,
but you can bet they also have perfect teeth!

Agggh! My cats never even brush their teeth and have zero fillings!!
The truth is, vigorous brushing with ANY mild abrasive damages your
tooth enamel and causes cavities, innit? Along with utterly shit diet,
eating processed foods with little nutritional value, your teeth
practically dissolve instead of healing themselves.

It must be so.
No. It IS so.
Dentists NEED cavities and tooth decay to survive.

My answer is NO. You don't NEED to use toothpaste, but you DO need to
change your lifestyle and mindset.

Proctor and Gamble, eat my shit!