Taking gear to China?

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 16 16:39:23 CEST 2010

By being around ( hong kong)  you should check exactly what ibi sum told you
My friend living in Hong kong right now want to live in China and he has to
check a lot of papers to prove his property and the reason why he wants to
bring his gears ( sound card, drums, bass,guitar, synth  etc )  even if it s
obvious ... ( it seems it s quite a pain is the ass tho )
I was thinking it s because we are french and the diplomacy between France
and China right now quite suck I must say ( this could be also a cause !)...
( It will be me knowing the situation there  I won't take any instruments or
otherwise be sure about all the paperwork !)
Good luck :)
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:23 AM, James R. Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:

> I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd ask...
>
> I'm moving to China for 9 months in a couple of months and was thinking of
> taking my G2, a laptop, and NI Maschine along.  Anyone tried bringing gear
> into China?  I can just see being stopped at the airport with all my kit
> and
> being in a pickle.
>
> James R. Coplin

Romain