Taking gear to China?

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 16 10:13:27 CEST 2010

> I'm moving to China for 9 months in a couple of months and was thinking of
> taking my G2, a laptop, and NI Maschine along.  Anyone tried bringing gear
> into China?  I can just see being stopped at the airport with all my kit and
> being in a pickle.

Get your paperwork in order first.  You can get paperwork that says your
gear belongs to you, is worth "x" amount, and you will be taking it with
you when you leave - one look at such paperwork and you'll have no
problems whatsoever at the entrance to the country.  I forget what its
called exactly - there's a funny name for such registered equipment -
but ask the Chinese consulate, thats what they are there for.  You can
explain it to them, and they should give you the needed forms for you to
get it all registered as your professional equipment that will not be
left there/re-sold, etc.

--

;