Need, analog, synth

Aleix EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 11 12:16:24 CEST 2010

I got a DSI Prophet 08 module (pots edition) on Thomann some months ago.

I had tested before the Mopho and, in my opinion, the Prophet has its own
character and it's a bit diferent than the Mopho with only one voice sounds.
Although a lot of people speak about the Prophet like 8 mopho synths in one
box, that's not true because the Mopho has a suboscillator. Despite this, I
prefer the sound of the Prophet, it's sounds more clear and organic and for
bass sounds, it's still very fat and warm for me, compared with virtual
analogs. Currently it's the best synth on my setup and I enjoy a lot
programming sounds with it.

I've not tested the Little Phatty, so I can't tell anything about it. If you
need an analog synth for bass sounds, probably it's a good option. But as
Chris said, I don't think it's the best option as control features. I think
that it's very expensive option for this purpose, considering that it has
only 6 knobs apart from the modulation wheel and has no editor released yet.

My two cents.

/*
 * Aleix
 * www.antarc.net | soundcloud.com/antarc | www.myspace.com/antarc