music-bar Digest, Vol 27, Issue 39

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 24 19:53:37 CEST 2010

Op 24-7-2010 19:15, Matt Picone schreef:

> Congrats on the upgrade. The only problem with this plan in my
> experience is that the DAWs tend to be physically large-- big Mobos, big
> cases, etc. which makes it tough to fit them in a nice way at the place
> where I want everyday PC use.

Why do you need a big motherboard? My son's PC got a tiny motherboard
(micro-ATX, or something of the sort) that will happily take a Core 2
Quad processor. The maximum amount of memory is perhaps an issue (only
has two banks; I think 4 GB is the maximum), but it was a budget board,
so hey.

Obviously, these days it's Core i3/i5/i7, but I would imagine that you
can get small factor motherboards for those as well.

- Peter