Live HW controllers

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 2 13:55:31 CEST 2010

On 30.06.2010, at 00:40, Andrew Tarpinian wrote:

>> The same for all faders thus the feeling is actually to stay focused on the screen of the MkII and It s not practical to reach a value to finally be able to change it , but it s only what I think ...

I think the best thing for live mixing is still motorized faders. A Mackie Control does that job for me. I alternate between my Akai MPK49 keyboard or the APC 40, depending on what I play.

I tried the Euphonix equivalent to the Mackie control, but the drivers were so awful -- even sleeping the Macbook meant having to restart for the system to recognize the Euphonix again. (something that really got in my way when I disconnected the MacBook between soundcheck and show and had to sweat for it to be recognized again... I exchanged it for a Mackie Control the next time I was home after that gig...

Kai