iPad and noise.io

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 29 01:33:43 CET 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Op 29-1-2010 0:37, Andrew Tarpinian schreef:
>
>> I meant to say, average as in just a person or small group, not
>> average as in skill set. Meaning a level playing field, an
>> environment
>> where an individual can have the same amount of success as a
>> corporation.
>
> Nah, we're past that time. You can maybe a small application - yes,
> like
> one that runs on your phone - but you need a team with different skill
> sets if you want to build anything bigger.

Past that time on the PC but not on the relatively new iPhone OS and
app store distribution. It basically singlehandedly exploded the
mobile gaming market, and a lot of developers paving the way in this
market are simply individuals and small groups. These people with
success have and will expand their companies and/or get picked up by
the bigger distributers but the fact remains, the opportunity is there.