iPad and noise.io

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 28 19:23:01 CET 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Tony Scharf wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Well, multi-touch has become a mainstream reality since the release
>> of
>> Windows 7. At work, I have a Dell 21" screen and a HP all-in-one
>> computer with multi-touch to play with, they are only a little bit
>> more expensive than their non-touch siblings. At the same time,
>> there's a ton of netbooks announced with multi-touch screens and a
>> tablet form factor. Admittedly, none of them are quite as polished as
>> the iPad, but they are here, they are open, and it's really easy to
>> write touch-enabled software for them.
>>

> If I can get FL Studio running on a touch screen netbook....I will
> have the drum machine I have always wanted.
>
> And I think about things like getting another Nord G2 and programming
> its editor with touch.  Or building Reaktor Ensembles that you can
> actually *touch*.
>
> This is why the apple closed system is a complete deal breaker.  *none
> of that is possible on the iPad*.

Ok in this case your problem it is not so much a closed system but a
new or different one correct? The only problem is that FL Studio and
Reaktor etc.. are not available on this iPhone OS. If this tablet ran
android (or maybe linux) you would have the same problem. Apple wanted
to create a slick mobile platform - this is not ment for a full blown
computer environment. Also the full blown computer environment is not
ready for multi-touch. This is just apple trying to get the gears
moving with a content consumption device, that just so happens to be
exciting to me as a content creation device after the wonderful devs
in the app store get done with it :)