iPad and noise.io

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 28 15:04:05 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:

> Well, multi-touch has become a mainstream reality since the release of
> Windows 7. At work, I have a Dell 21" screen and a HP all-in-one
> computer with multi-touch to play with, they are only a little bit
> more expensive than their non-touch siblings. At the same time,
> there's a ton of netbooks announced with multi-touch screens and a
> tablet form factor. Admittedly, none of them are quite as polished as
> the iPad, but they are here, they are open, and it's really easy to
> write touch-enabled software for them.

If I can get FL Studio running on a touch screen netbook....I will
have the drum machine I have always wanted.

And I think about things like getting another Nord G2 and programming
its editor with touch.  Or building Reaktor Ensembles that you can
actually *touch*.

This is why the apple closed system is a complete deal breaker.  *none
of that is possible on the iPad*.

Tony