The Apple Tablet...

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 28 11:57:32 CET 2010

> "I want to go back to 1991. Apple invented the modern laptop computer
> with our PowerBooks."
>
> Lol. Oh really?
> I could name at least 3 that predate Apples effort.

I've got one of these laptops in a case next to my desk that get's
occasional use to run an ancient drum machine conversion program I wrote
many moons ago in Turbo Pascal:

A GridCase 1530 with a 12MHZ 386 processor, a whopping 1MB RAM and a
20MB hard drive.  It dates from 1988!

http://www.netmagic.net/~clare/graphics/grid/grid1530.jpg

The cases are awesome diecast magnesium alloy - so good they flew these
on the Space Shuttle?

http://www.netmagic.net/~clare/gis.html

But the biggest laugh?

http://www.netmagic.net/~clare/GRiD.html

Scroll down to the GRiD convertable 2260/2270

Launched in 1991 - a pen based tablet PC!

Fcuk Apple.

Cheers

Chris