The Apple Tablet...

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 27 17:47:22 CET 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 12:46 , Jonny Stutters wrote:

> 2010/1/27 Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at chello.nl>:
>> Well, couple of hours to go. Anybody interested here?
>
> Probably not unless (miraculously) it's a much more open platform than
> the iPhone.  I can live with a closed phone having never had an open
> one but having a decent sized touch screen in a portable factor and
> not being able to run something like Processing (processing.org) on it
> would be too irritating.  II know there's always jailbreaking but
> it'll be too expensive for someone of my means to be entirely
> comfortable with taking a chance on bricking it.

A month ago, when I needed a new mobile, I was really considering the iPhone.
Things like TouchOSC made it worh a deeper look.
Then again I decided to go with my very old P900 I had in a drawer.
If the tablet comes in an open fashion (i.e. a true OS X) I'm in big danger to spend money I can't make.
I am dreaming of an ultra compact digital music performance system which is interface and engine in one.
(iPhone + SC3 + TouchOSC is very tempting, but that with big limitations. I don't want to get  distracted from making music)

   Michael.