Sage Accounting

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 26 21:42:29 CET 2010

Peter Korsten wrote:
> If you want to go down that road, the best would be to do some research
> and analysis. Come with a description of the problem (yes, I know it
> sounds silly), and explore the different options:
> * don't do anything (yes, that's silly, too)
> * get a new version of Sage
> * get new software package A
> * get new software package B
> Etcetera. For each of those options, list the consequences, financial
> impact, risks (teaching people to use a new software package has a
> financial impact, too), and benefits.

I didn't quite do as much as you list here, but I did try and explain as
best I could to the accountant what the problem was, in terms of
technical details. I also sent links, as proof that this is not a
solitary incident and encouraged her to drill Sage a bit harder about
what is really at fault here. Any claims Sage make about reaching
limitations of their software are not really acceptable, as they do not
reveal those limitations in the sales pitch. Sage Line 50 is supposed to
be able to cope. End of ;)

The main thing though, was to say in no uncertain terms to upgrade the
Sage package!! I mean. They are trying to sell her a £13,000
client/server package with training that is wholly unnecessary!

I've also got a feeling that the support people that have been round are
not 100% sure how to deal with the problem and so go into shrug and
upgrade sell mode.

I really should go in and hack it up a bit... ;)