The beginning of the end

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 25 23:11:16 CET 2010

Of the internet in the UK:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/16_06_09digitalbritain.pdf

(sorry, it's a 3MB pdf, but don't worry, I'm sure you are all on a
faster connection than that foreseen for 2012 in the report)

Now. I know this is old news, dating from my birthday last year, but
combined with the BBC sneakily claiming rights to any live broadcast
streams, and that you must have a license to view them ignoring the
simple fact that it is impossible to enforce... it's beginning to look
like (UK) government is doing its utmost to tax this behemoth they call
the interwebs thingy via the back door (a tax on ISP's for every user)

(this is probably not in that report, from another source, don't look
for it)

One great line is the, pretty much, burying of the 3 strikes clamour
across a few shitty cuntries of the world has triggered the 'let's put a
tax on everyone' shit.
For a start, they say this tax is for the big media producers who have
lost out over filesharing rubbish, then say it will be used to build the
fibre-optic network this cuntry needs for a super duper digital future!
Which is it?
I see no digital future. I see a digital present and past that far
exceeds the narrow and dumb visions of Mandy and Co.

The internet is doing better than they say without any government
interference what-so-ever!! They're living in a world of make-believe!

I'm going to print off the intro page of that digital britain nonsense
report, just so I can ritually burn Mandys smut, ignorant fizzog!

B'stards are going to fxxxor the internet, I tell ya...
Just when it was going so well...