Sage Accounting

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 23 04:41:58 CET 2010

The Dong wrote:
> Probably not a good place to post in the universe, but does anyone know
> if there are actual record limits on the Sage 50 Accounting package???
> That's database _size_ / entries.

I like to reply to myself, as you know :)

I did manage to find info on this, finally.
It appears that the Sage Line 50 accounts package has a severe design
flaw, as it uses a flat file database with limitations of approx. 100k
entries!!! Sage are either absolute incompetent F'ers or they are
playing the absolute incompetent F'ers game of excuses! Even a tiny shop
will run up so many entries soon enough.

This ongoing saga has cost my other halfs charity a lot of time and
frustration. Only today have I been asked my opinion and quite frankly
I'm appalled that Sage are suggesting the company pay out £13,000 for a
new Sage package, deployment and training to fix the problem!

Jeezus. What a rip off.
The saddest thing is I doubt I can convince the head of the accounting
department that instead of retraining in Line 200 (it's slightly
different) why not seek out an alternate package or packages based on
positive reviews by real people and import the data? Training may still
be needed, but quite frankly, if it's got a good manual, that can be
completely in house if she can learn enough?

Wish me luck.
£13,000 is a lot for a childrens charity to sink for a problem that was
just waiting happen, caused entirely by a third party that is trying to
make them pay a huge penalty for it!