Ubuntu studio audio problem

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 18 20:36:01 CET 2010

Op 18-1-2010 19:34, Tony Scharf schreef:

> Have you considered putting your data drive(s) external?  If they are
> just backups and long-term storage, then doing this should cut down
> case heat considerably.  This is what I have done, though I am not
> quite ready to go SSD on my main drive yet.   Waiting for the cost to
> come down just a little bit more.

Well, I thought that the LP was a good start. Also, using a little less
power won't hurt, although it's probably a drop in the ocean next to the
CPU and the graphics card. Still, every little helps, as Tesco say.

The main issue in our house is heat in summer, and dust. It's only
fairly recently that the maid starting using the vacuum cleaner on the
carpet in our living room (don't ask) and my computer has a *lot* of
dust inside it.

Finally, the case fans are stuck to the case, and I cannot really put
them inside some sort of soft padding; at least, with one of them I
didn't manage. That doesn't help either. The drives are mounted with
rubber mountings, so that they don't vibrate the case. But as mentioned,
they are a minor concern.

- Peter