did you...

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 3 23:19:21 CET 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Andrew Tarpinian schreef:
>
>> ...ever get the feeling that you have no idea what kind of music to
>> make? Like I have all these ideas that run across multiple genres and
>> bpm's and intertwined together can't really sort out if they are
>> rubbish
>> or not :)
>
> Genres are *so* last decade. ;)
>
> Seriously, who gives a damn what genre something fits in? If it sounds
> right to you, that's pretty much the first requirement. If it sounds
> right to us and the rest of the world, well, that would be a nice
> bonus.

See I have been struggling with this, with music, with art. Who is it
for? There are things that can be good enough for you but not for
others, and things that are good enough for others but not for you.
What is the divide? it is all just a compromise? One can say rely on
yourself as the prime audience, but that can be just as hard. As well
as there are many documented cases of artists working in to much of a
closed environment and not able to judge their work properly.