EastWest/Quantum Leap's Orchestra VST freebie

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 3 23:11:34 CET 2010

Andrew Tarpinian schreef:

> The difference between Gold and Platinum seem to be additional mic
> positions and 24-bit sample depth. Difference in list price is $495
> vs. $895, keep in mind I will be paying about half of these prices
> with a discount but still a significant difference. Does anyone think
> Platinum is worth it for someone like me? I feel like it might be over
> kill since I am not a fancy pants Hollywood composer ;) Keep in mind I
> still want it to sound as good as possible.

If 'Andy Tarpinian' is an alias and your real name is 'Hans Zimmer', I
would definitely go for the platinum edition.

If not, you have to look at what you'd be using it for. If it's just
stereo music that will be compressed to an MP3 or similar, go gold. If
you do surround music or effects with video, go platinum. Either way,
the difference in absolute amounts is not earth-shattering, even though
it's almost twice as expensive.

- Peter