Oh, bugger! SSD DRIVES!

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 3 22:24:39 CET 2010

Andrew Tarpinian wrote:
> really producing content <raises hand>
>
> regardless I am really trying to pair down what I carry on my machine
> and just keep most things in backup. Trying to figure out a new back
> up/file management strategy right now. I'm thinking I should break down
> and just set up a basic file server with external storage to keep all
> completed projects on and then back that up to a backup set of external
> storage.

Recommended. That's essentially what we do at work. There's central file
servers with backup and lots of storage, but we essentially work on the
local machines and use things like second copy (on PC, I'm sure there's
lots similar stuff on the Mac) to synchronize a working set of files
between the two, and SVN for all things that profits from version
management (e.g. code). (There's a lot more stuff going on like Lotus
Notes databases, Microsoft Sharepoint etc., but we're a LARGE company...)

Martin