Control

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 21 14:47:10 CET 2010

> last night we watched "Control", the Joy Division movie. Actually
> it's a date movie, a romantic drama, I guess you'd call it, with a
> bit of teenage angst, 2003 H&M costumes and Ikea furniture, made to
> sorta resemble the 1970s/1980 a slight bit.. of and the music was
> mostly Joy Division cover tunes.

sounds a lot like germany to me.

> don't watch it if you like Joy Division. The first 15 minutes were
> promising. then it all came tumbling down. I really hated it by the
> end..

i dunno, i really love joy division and i thought this movie was very
interesting .. 24 hour party people wasn't exactly a great movie
either, but since it was addressing a subject i am very interested in,
regardless, i forgive both of them for adding to the lexicon of the
period.

;
--
Jay Vaughan