D9

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Feb 15 18:47:39 CET 2010

Op 15-2-2010 13:35, ibi sum schreef:

> Same with Avatar, which I thought was just plain rubbish.

That depends on how you look at it. What's nice about Avatar is how they
invented a new world, with a new culture, new language (which apparently
sounds a bit like Maori), new landscape...

Nothing really new, but very well and utterly beautifully done.

It's in the eye of the beholder: probably, there are people who prefer
Andy Warhol (or, dare I say, Tracey Emin?) over the likes of Rembrandt
and Vermeer, because what they did was new (like sticking a dinner
table, complete with dirty plates, to a wall) compared to the stuff that
these so-called masters produced, which had all been done before.

- Peter