Something that had to be said…

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 12 16:35:14 CET 2010

diode wrote:
>> I've come to the conclusion that party politics must die. Now.
> I can tell you, they don't want to :o)

The way 'they' (in UK) get statutory legislation (I hesitate to call it
law) passed through the house of commons is similar to the ways of the
EU. The Parliament Act 1911 puts a time limit on the Lords to peruse and
conclude. If the commons should some day be ruled by those of legalese
and waffle profession *cough* this precludes any sensible judgement by
the mere fact that the documentation becomes illegible, unfathomable,
foreign.

Are we all to be thought of as 'things' now by the ruling classes?
Things amongst other things with no distinction betwixt man, woman or
machine?

No change really, because that's exactly how our current UK system has
worked for over 100 years, though it's hard to see it for what it is.

We need some forward thinking guys like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lilburne
http://www.uark.edu/depts/comminfo/freespeech/lilburne.txt.html

Or is that backward? ;)
Either way. His thinking is not unfamiliar.