70s/80s synth pop hint needed

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 12 04:14:13 CET 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 06:31 , Mikael Hansson wrote:

> Visage, Ultravox, John Foxx, Daf, Data, Men Without Hats, Landscape,
> Blancmange (which has two hits with prominent claps, Living On The
> Ceiling and Blind Vision), Cabaret Voltaire, OMD, Heaven 17, Soft Cell

I already checked Visage, Ultravox, SoftCell, Gary Numan, Soft Cell before ... (sorry for not telling)
John Foxx is a good hint and close soundwise but it's not him either.
Soundwise I'm pretty sure it's late 70s.
As I mentioned, my immediate guess was The Human League ... soundwise it's much like "Being Boiled", surely not like "Don't you want me".

Men Without Hats, Landscape, Blancmange,  Devo are far out - I didn't even consider them in my first research.

Admittedly I lost it completely meanwhile. I'll give it a break, maybe I just stumble upon it in a while.
BTW, I re-discovered Cabaret Voltaire though your post ... ;-)

  Thanks a lot!  Michael.