Blender 3d

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 5 23:11:01 CET 2010

> Started rock'in this. After having used pretty much every major 3d app
> I'm blown away by this program so far, and that it's open source,
> multi-platform and free.

I've been dabbling with it for years .. the new Beta GUI is an amazing
change, really very fun to explore and grok the underlying glue that
makes it possible for an amazing new era in Blender GUI skins
possible ..

> Plus it has it's own game engine and
> integrates well with other engines. I'm regret not catching on sooner.
> Going through some tutorial books now as it looks like the interface
> takes some getting used to.

Definitely needs some time, for sure, but its so, so fast and sexy
once you cotton on to the fact that you're supposed to be *flying*
through the interface, hands-on-throttle-and-stick approach..

> Peter to your comment earlier about open source programs having
> trouble catching on, I think this is an example of it working.

Yeah, but keep in mind Blender wasn't always open source .. but it
wouldn't be where it is now if it weren't for that fact.  I love it,
personally, its one of my favourite things to use these days, and I'm
not a serious 3D artist, just using it to convert models for some
OpenGLES code ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan